Sample Sidebar Module

This is a sample module published to the sidebar_top position, using the -sidebar module class suffix. There is also a sidebar_bottom position below the menu.

Sample Sidebar Module

This is a sample module published to the sidebar_bottom position, using the -sidebar module class suffix. There is also a sidebar_top position below the search.
History

In the year 1880 a Mission Church was built in Deganwy. Previous to that time the places of worship were Welsh Chapels - Methodist, Wesleyan and a small Baptist one. The Anglican worshippers attended at St Hilary's, Llanrhos.

The Mission Church was built by the exertion of the Revd. Arthur Jones and much voluntary local labour at the cost of £800. When the building was completed it was first used as a Church School, as local children at that time had attended school at Llanrhos. In 1884 the Bishop appointed Revd. Arthur Jones Chaplain and the building now called St James' was open for Divine Worship and the local children returned to Llanrhos for schooling.

By 1890 the population of the area had grown and thought was given to building a larger Church. A site was given by the Honorable Lord Mostyn, son of Lady Henrietta Mostyn of Gloddaeth. On Novemner 1st 1897 the first sod was cut for a new Church and it was entirely erected at the cost of Lady Henrietta Augusta Mostyn in memory of her parents, the Earl & Countess of Abergavenny. The new church was erected to the design of Messrs Douglas & Marshall of Chester and was built by local labour, namely Messrs Samuel Parry of Llanrwst & Llandudno Junction. When completed the building was consecrated by the Lord Bishop of St Asaph on All Saint's Day 1st November 1899.
 


 

Regular Services

Sunday
8.00am
11.00am
Holy Communion
Parish Communion
 

How To Find Us



 

Address
All Saints Avenue

Deganwy
Conwy,
LL31 9DZ